The BOMBAY SAPPHIRE bar was one of the most talked about highlights of this year’s edition of the Sanlam HMC.
Located in the Textile Pavilion, which was curated by Sindiso Khumalo, The BOMBAY SAPPHIRE bar allowed guests to experience the best cocktails from the experienced barmen, enjoyed in a beautifully designed chill area, which was reminiscent of the botanicals that the gin is made out of. The design of the bar motif was inspired by the botanicals themselves; from the heat of their Moroccan cubeb berries to the spice of their West African Grains of Paradise; which are some of the ten precious botanicals that are chosen to bring their own special something to the gin. Uniquely distilled, they come together to give BOMBAY SAPPHIRE its tantalising, smooth and complex taste.
Some of the guests spotted in attendance at the BOMBAY SAPPHIRE bar included designer Sylvester Falata, model Iman Mkwanazi, fashion curator Mmanaka Kelobonye and singer Langa Mavuso who all enjoyed the festive ambience.
Our signature BOMBAY and Tonic cocktail, which was the most requested of the night, can be made using the following recipe:
• Lime Wedge
• 50 ml Bombay Sapphire
• 100 ml Premium tonic water
1. Fill balloon glass to rim with good ice.
2. Stir until frosted.
3. Strain excess liquid from glass.
4. Pour Bombay Sapphire over ice and squeeze lime (with pith removed) over drink.
5. Add lime to the glass after squeezing.
6. Stir drink to acclimate contents.
7. Tilt glass and pour chilled tonic water down side of glass and lift once gently using bar spoon.
Take a look at some snaps from the night: