Brunch is the new breakfast and one of the hottest current trends on the global culinary scene! Why have one meal when you can put breakfast and lunch together and have the two in a fabulous not-to-be-missed culinary event?
Brunch – a new curated food and beverage experience – launched at Braamfontein’s Bannister Hotel (9 De Beer Street), directly opposite the bustling Neighbourgoods Market.
Diners can choose three options from the food menu (which runs from June 24 to July 22):
• Flapjack stack with toasted almonds and strawberries
• House made honey granola with creamy Greek yoghurt topped with fresh berries, coconut ﬂakes, chia seeds, candied walnuts and edible flowers
• Shrimp and grits with corn salsa
• Curried tofu tacos
• Cajun tater tots served with cheese, chipotle, scrambled eggs and black bean salsa
This will be accompanied by the choice of two (bottomless) cocktails:
• Absolut Negroni
• Singapore Sling (made with Beefeater Gin)
• Strongbow warm cider
Says Hardy McQueen of MANGERmanje who is bringing brunch to Braamfontein:
“We have our pulse on what is happening in food trends globally and wanted to transport these experiences to a local audience.”
There will be three two-hour brunch seatings (at 10am, noon and 2pm with further brunches every Saturday throughout the year. The menu changes monthly and will reflect seasonal fare and availability of produce.